The privacy of our readers is very important to us at The Wedding Boutique. As such, we want to make sure you understand what information may be collected when you visit our website, how we use it and what options you have when it comes to your information.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number and credit card information. Users may, however, visit our website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website related activities
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users' means of connection to our website, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Information can be collected by The Wedding Boutique in two ways.
1. You willingly provide information
You can access thewedboutique.com without revealing any personal information. However, when you fill in a form or perform a similar action, you willingly provide us with personal information. The information shared may include your name, email address, location, comments and photos.
2. We collect technical information as you use thewedboutique.com
We collect general, not personally identifiable, technical information when you visit thewedboutique.com from a computer, phone or other Internet connected device or app capable of accessing our website.
The technical information collected by The Wedding Boutique is the same data that is collected by almost any website you access and it can be broken into three categories:
1. Log Data – When you access thewedboutique.com, our back-end automatically records information about your use that is not able to be used to personally identify you. Data collected includes basic information sent by your web browser, including: IP address, date and time of your request to access thewedboutique.com, browser type and settings.
3. Device Information – We may also collect information about the device from which you’re accessing thewedboutique.com. The type of information we collect will vary from device type, but a sample of the information we may collect includes: Operating System, Operating System Version and Device Type (desktop, mobile phone, tablet, etc).
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
The Wedding Boutique may collect and use users' personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service and help with technical issues. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To process payments. We may use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other website feature. To send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
Provided Personal Information allows us to better understand our audience and plan editorial content to better satisfy their expectations. Log Data allow us to analyze trends, administer the site, track users movement and gather broad demographic information for internal use. Cookies allow us to personalize your experience. Device Information allows us to optimize our content for consumption on the devices most popular with our readers.
YOUR OPTIONS FOR SHARING/NOT SHARING INFORMATION
Payments will always be recorded through a third-party app which has the necessary security requirements.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We do not sell, trade, or rent users' personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with third parties for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
We may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- You give us your express consent for a specified purpose
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our website or defend our rights or property
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Wedding Boutique uses links for your use and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy policies on these websites. You should be aware that the privacy policies of these sites may differ from our own. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
All Photography on thewedboutique.com is always credited to the best of my knowledge. If you own the rights to an image and would like it removed from the blog or would like to request a change to a credit, please contact us privately. The Wedding Boutique reserves the right to request proof of copyright ownership in either case to ensure changes are accurate.
Your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of every couple and company that is featured on thewedboutique.com; any comment that I consider inappropriate, offensive, disrespectful, or spam will be rejected or deleted. If you have a complaint with a company that is featured, please remember that it is a private matter and The Wedding Boutique is not a venue to air your grievances. Any comments that are clearly designed only to promote a company or website will be marked as spam. Comments are the property of their authors and are not necessarily representative of the views of The Wedding Boutique.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
The Wedding Boutique
This document was last updated on October 10, 2016