Privacy & data Policy
The privacy of our readers is very important to us at The Wedding Boutique. As such, we want to make sure you understand what information may be collected when you visit our website, how we use it and what options you have when it comes to your information.
Personal identification information
We collect personal identification information from our website users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, purchase a product or service, download a free resource, and fill in our contact form. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, wedding details (only those details required for the preparation of our first meeting), mailing address (only when purchasing a physical product or when scheduling an in-person meeting), phone number or Skype information and credit card information. Additional personal identification information needed to provide a customer with the product or service they have purchased, can be requested outside of our website via email or in a video call. A summary of the meeting notes are always provided to the customer and the customer will always be given the chance to keep certain information private.
Users may visit our website anonymously as well. When simply browsing our website, we only collect non-personal identification information. Any personal identification information from users collected is only done if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users' means of connection to our website, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized, user behaviour on our website, and other similar information.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Information can be collected by The Wedding Boutique in two ways.
1. You willingly provide information
You can access thewedboutique.com without revealing any personal information. However, when you fill in a form or perform a similar action, you willingly provide us with personal information. The information shared may include your name, email address, location, comments and photos.
2. We collect technical information as you use thewedboutique.com
We collect general, not personally identifiable, technical information when you visit thewedboutique.com from a computer, phone or other Internet connected device or app capable of accessing our website.
The technical information collected by The Wedding Boutique is the same data that is collected by almost any website you access and it can be broken into three categories:
1. Log Data – When you access thewedboutique.com, our back-end automatically records information about your use that is not able to be used to personally identify you. Data collected includes basic information sent by your web browser, including: IP address, date and time of your request to access thewedboutique.com, browser type and settings.
3. Device Information – We may also collect information about the device from which you’re accessing thewedboutique.com. The type of information we collect will vary from device type, but a sample of the information we may collect includes: Operating System, Operating System Version and Device Type (desktop, mobile phone, tablet, etc).
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
The Wedding Boutique may collect and use users' personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service and help with technical issues. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To process payments. We may use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service. No payment information is stored in an environment that any member of The Wedding Boutique can access. When you choose to save your credit card information for easy re-use, you give written consent to our web platform Squarespace to store this information for you. Questions concerning their data policies therefore needs to be directed at them directly.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other website feature. To send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them. Users always have the option to opt out when they no longer want to receive email updates from The Wedding Boutique.
Provided Personal Information allows us to better understand our audience and plan editorial content to better satisfy their expectations. Log Data allow us to analyze trends, administer the site, track users movement and gather broad demographic information for internal use. Cookies allow us to personalize your experience. Device Information allows us to optimize our content for consumption on the devices most popular with our readers.
When purchasing a product or service from The Wedding Boutique, we will need additional information in order to provide you with the product or service you have purchased. This can be address details for a physical purchase, contact details for consulting calls, and any additional information concerning your wedding that is necessary to provide you with the product or service you have purchased. You can, of course, object to the use of this data at any time. When it is no longer possible to provide you with our product or service because of your choice to keep certain information private, we will inform you of this issue before cancelling your purchase.
When writing a Bridal Story for The Wedding Boutique, all guest writers have the option to remain anonymous. Personal details like names and contact details will only be provided when given consent by the writer.
If The Wedding Boutique refers to a bridal couple because they have experienced something that other bridal couples can learn from, The Wedding Boutique can choose to share this information with the use of fake names and generic enough wording that the bridal couple remains anonymous unless the bridal couple gives written consent to use their real information.
Any information about your wedding, personal relationship, personal life, and any financial information will never be shared with a source outside of The Wedding Boutique unless you have given written consent to do so, and will be treated with the utmost respect and discretion.
YOUR OPTIONS FOR SHARING/NOT SHARING INFORMATION
Payments will always be recorded through a third-party app that complies with the necessary security requirements.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We do not sell, trade, or rent users' personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with third parties for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
We will never request information from you that is not relevant to provide you with the products or services you have requested or purchased. If you ever believe The Wedding Boutique is requesting information that is not relevant to provide our products or services, please inform us immediately through email@example.com.
We may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- You give us your express consent for a specified purpose
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our website or defend our rights or property
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Wedding Boutique uses links for your use and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy policies on these websites. You should be aware that the privacy policies of these sites may differ from our own. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
The third-party systems and tools we use to store personal identification information include, but are not limited to:
- Google Sheets (Google Drive)
- Convertkit (newsletter)
- Dubsado (CRM)
- Wave (quotes)
- Stripe/Paypal (payments)*
- Aisle Planner (wedding planning)
- Milanote (wedding planning)
All Photography on thewedboutique.com is always credited to the best of my knowledge. If you own the rights to an image and would like it removed from the blog or would like to request a change to a credit, please contact us privately. The Wedding Boutique reserves the right to request proof of copyright ownership in either case to ensure changes are accurate.
Your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of every couple and company that is featured on thewedboutique.com; any comment that I consider inappropriate, offensive, disrespectful, or spam will be rejected or deleted. If you have a complaint with a company that is featured, please remember that it is a private matter and The Wedding Boutique is not a venue to air your grievances. Any comments that are clearly designed only to promote a company or website will be marked as spam. Comments are the property of their authors and are not necessarily representative of the views of The Wedding Boutique.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes. All EU-citizens will be explicitly asked for their consent when giving over any personal identification information according to the new legislation of the GDPR.
The Wedding Boutique
This document was last updated on December 18, 2017